The Brief: Key Factors for Document Automation Proof of Concept Success focuses on key factors for ensuring a Proof of Concept is successful and then highlights the necessary steps within each of these areas. DocuLabs has many years of experience in conducting successful PoCs and in this brief has shared some of their knowledge on this subject. The key factors explored include:
- Automation using intelligent capture, what it means and how it’s different;
- Properly scoping a PoC with a core framework;
- Preparation in launching a PoC in terms of goals, scope and resource commitments;
- Who should participate and what to require from participants; and
- Evaluating outcomes based on success criteria and next steps.
Most enterprises — particularly large financial services firms, insurance companies and utilities — are rethinking their enterprise capture strategies in light of digital transformation (digital first!) replacing paper and dissatisfaction with the level of optimization and automation in their existing processes.
Many organizations are conduction PoCs or bakeoffs between intelligent capture vendors and their existing capture platforms or other tools. A PoC can ensure your organization has the right technologies to meet your document processing needs. However, making sure that you conduct a successful PoC can be challenging.
This brief focuses on how to properly scope a PoC: what you need to in terms of preparation, how to identify the participants, how to evaluate the results, and what next steps you should take.