July 22, 2014, LONGMONT, Colo. – Parascript ®, LLC, a leading document capture company, is announcing it has achieved Microsoft Gold Certification for application development of its FormXtra® products. FormXtra includes out-of-the-box integration with SharePoint that enables VARs, integrators and software developers to offer easy access to imaged documents, paper forms, PDFs, email attachments and more in SharePoint-based applications. With FormXtra Capture for SharePoint, Parascript provides the first two-way, interactive SharePoint integration for document capture that automates processing of any type of form or data, including unstructured handprint and signatures, direct from its software.
FormXtra Capture for SharePoint supports basic to sophisticated dynamic forms capture and includes the full range of support, for machine print, handwriting, and signature location and verification, and automates document scanning, forms capture, and metadata tagging. This new integration is designed to enhance workflow and collaboration.
SharePoint users currently have access to electronic documents, but without access to capture technology, have had to manually enter information from imaged documents and PDFs. In order to support document-oriented workflows and structured search, Parascript now offers the ability to automatically import documents into SharePoint from its FormXtra software, simplifying and streamlining workflows. Users can also identify and classify documents, flag them (by type, customer or other aspects), extract data, and gain access to information contained in them.
“Our new Microsoft Gold status and SharePoint integration opens up a new audience for Parascript’s capture technology, providing endless opportunities to leverage information for business workflows, information governance and processes. We are excited to show our commitment by being first to offer advanced document capture with two-way communication with SharePoint. Integrators and their users will be able to greatly simplify access to documents, checks, email attachments and more, as well as gain sophisticated capture and the ability to add metadata to forms to aid with document workflows, enterprise content management, and records management,” said Greg Council, vice president of product and services at Parascript.
Examples of how Parascript’s technology can be used to shepherd information through processes for approvals, reviews and collaboration include:
- Providing front-end data extraction for pharmaceutical lab reports to aid document validation workflows in SharePoint.
- Importing and processing handwritten staffing time cards to automate calculations and payment workflows handled by SharePoint.
- Providing automatic access to and classification of scanned invoices in SharePoint-based accounting applications.
Specific features of FormXtra Capture for SharePoint include:
- Easily capture documents from email, file shares, multifunction peripherals, scanners. Automate location, extraction, and completion of metadata to support document-oriented workflows and structured search.
- Automatically identify available SharePoint document libraries and lists, or create them, from FormXtra.
- Store documents and metadata or send only key data used to start or complete transactions.
- Classify, separate and extract data for any type of document, with any type of data including handwriting and signatures. Automatically route them to specific libraries or lists based on type, barcode, optical marks, or key metadata extracted.
- Recognize checks and remittances.
- Convert scanned images into searchable PDFs, locate and convert handwritten information into searchable metadata tags, and more.
FormXtra Capture for SharePoint is currently available. For more information, please visit www.parascript.com/SharePoint
About Parascript, LLC
A leading document capture company, Parascript develops solutions that read information from forms and documents. The company’s advanced recognition technology processes virtually any document format and text type (handprint, machine print, cursive, marks and more), providing fast, reliable access to information and transactions. Fortune 500 companies, postal operators (including the U.S. Postal Service), major government and financial institutions rely on Parascript software, which is distributed through its OEM and value added reseller networks, including partners such as IBM, EMC, Bell and Howell, Fiserv, Selex Elsag, Lockheed Martin, NCR, Siemens, and Burroughs. www.parascript.com