Information Collection and Use
Parascript collects your personal information in the following cases:
- When you submit an inquiry regarding our products and services, visit with our representatives, send us an email, or sign up to receive emails and/or newsletters from Parascript, Parascript may receive your email address, your IP address, as well as your name, company name, contact information and possibly other information about your business and products or services you may wish to provide to us. Any information gathered may be used for the purposes of communicating with you, marketing and selling services and licenses to our products, conducting marketing campaigns, providing customized information to you, for record keeping, to provide better customer service, to fulfill any contractual obligations we may have with you, to analyze website activity and usage, and to enhance and improve our products and services.
- When you enter into the Parascript Partner Portal, as one of our clients, Parascript receives your user name and password and uses this information for automatic authentication of your account and to provide customer and technical support services under an agreement. This information may also be used to provide single sign-on authorization to related services, such as training and certification or technical support case management as well as for record keeping, to enhance and improve our products and services, and to fulfill contract obligations. The Parascript Partner Portal, training and certification, and case management utilities are hosted by reputable third parties.
- When you submit a Technical Support case, Parascript receives your name and contact information, your company information, as well as any of personal or third party information you choose to share with us in order to facilitate your support needs. This information is used to provide a resolution, for record keeping, to enhance our products and services, or fulfill any contract obligations.
- If we agree to provide products or services to you pursuant to an agreement, we may receive your name and contact information, your company information, banking information, as well as any other information you choose to share with us (including third-party information) in order to fulfill any contract obligations or for any purposes for which the data is provided, including any third party personal data you choose share with us.
- If you apply for a job or submit your resume, we receive this contact and resume information that you wish to provide to us.
- In addition to the specific purposes listed above, we may also process personal data where such processing is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was sent, for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Parascript does not sell, rent, lease or otherwise disclose or distribute your email address or other personally identifiable information to third parties except in cases where:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- It is reasonably necessary to disclose your personal data to a subsidiary, affiliate or parent company for business purposes;
- It is needed to fulfill contract obligations we have with you or with a third party. This may include items such as providing licenses, customer support, technical support, or development work;
- It is necessary for us to do so to fulfill the primary purpose(s) for which we collected or received your personal information;
- For outsourced business functions such as debt collection or professional services;
- We are required to provide such information by law; as part of a legal process; in response to a written government request; as needed to establish, exercise or defend or to protect legal claims; or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or the rights of others; or,
- We find that your actions on our web sites violate any of our usage guidelines and/or rules for specific products or services.
Retention of Data
Our website is based on computers located in the United States and we may adhere to US privacy requirements for certain users. If you are a user whose personal data is subject to the GDPR, your data will not be kept for longer than is necessary under GDPR. We may keep your information and use it to provide you with additional information in the future that we deem to be of interest to you.
We may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Questions, Accessing and Updating your Personal Information
Parascript’s website may contain links to other sites. Parascript is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
Parascript takes reasonable precaution to protect your information stored on our servers. Your registration information is password-protected for your privacy and security.
Parascript may modify this policy from time to time. Changes will be posted on this web page.